Confirmed

Friday, February 17, 2017

Pregnant mum: ‘Quitting smoking didn’t enter my mind’


A pregnant mum from South Shields has told how early intervention from her midwife enabled her to quit smoking under a scheme to help
expectant mums.

Melanie said: “I smoked with previous pregnancies and it didn’t really enter my
thoughts, I got in touch with the programme and they told me what patches and prescriptions they could provide to help.”

A study of the scheme from the University of Newcastle has found pregnant mums are twice
as likely to quit after early help from their midwife.

The study has shown that of 40,000 mothers-
to-be, the number of women helped to stop
smoking almost doubled.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not surface or represent the views of Thomasloaded.

Designed by Thomasloaded.com