Confirmed

Friday, February 10, 2017

Homeless man's life transformed by a good Samaritan in Lagos


This is a story shared by a Facebook user, Ifeanyi
Odiaka who completely transformed a homeless
man's life in Lagos. Below is Ifeanyi's post on his
facebook.
"Guys, meet my new friend, Ola. I saw him
sleeping on a bridge earlier this week on
my way to work. The next day, as I drove

past, I stopped and parked beside him to
have an interaction with him. He told me
his name and said he has been living that
way for quite some time as things have
been hard. I told him I would be in touch
and hurried for work. The following day, I
stopped by again to have a chat and also
gave him something for lunch.
This morning, I woke up very tired due to
a very stressful week. But one thing
remained on my mind.... Ola!. And so, I

got dressed and dashed out to see him
again. This time around, I knew it was not
just going to be about giving money for
lunch. I was determined to allow God use
me to turn his life around and place him
on a path to a destiny designed by God.
I got to where he was, and with a smile
he greeted me. I told him, "Ola, come into
my car let me go clean you up". With a
mixture of fear and excitement, he hopped in.

And so the journey to Ola's destiny
began. He had a good bath, got him new
clothes, he ate and took him to the
hospital for a complete and
comprehensive medical checkup. One of
the most moving moment was after he
had his bath and looked all fresh and
clean like wizkid , I asked him what
he was going to do with his old and dirty
clothes, he responded "ha!, I will throw
them away sir". Jesus, I almost wept.
I am sharing this story not to get facebook
likes or brag, but to as I have always done
in the past, inspire someone and challenge
us.... To challenge the Christians and
non-Christians....to challenge the young
and the old, to challenge the rich and the
poor... To challenge politicians.... To
challenge the pastors and church goers to

get out of their comfort zones and reach
out. People are suffering out there. A little
time and effort from us can make a whole
lot of difference. A lot of us turn our eyes

the other way when we see those
struggling. You don't loose anything
helping people around, instead you gain
something quite unexplainable and
heavenly. Once again, I challenge us.
So, certainly Ola is not going back to that

bridge he called home. A new and
wonderful beginning has begun for him.
God bless as you reach out."
An accommodation was gotten for Ola by Ifeanyi

and he is doing very well now.
This is a truly inspirational story, hopefully we all
get inspired too.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not surface or represent the views of Thomasloaded.

Designed by Thomasloaded.com