Confirmed

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Stop the drama over the recovered $50m found in Ikoyi apartment- Bishop Kukah to EFCC

The Catholic Bishop of Sokoto Diocese, Bishop Mathew Hassan Kukah has asked the EFCC to immediately stop the drama on recovered $50 million found in an apartment in Ikoyi Lagos state last week has generated, describing it as embarassing.

Speaking at a national anti-money laundering/counter financing of terrorism sensitization seminar by the Inter- governmental Action group against Money laundering in West Africa (GIABA) in Kaduna yesterday, Kukah said the inability of the antigraft agency to disclose the owner of the recovered loot is a dent on the nation's image.

“I feel more demoralized and very humiliated as a Nigerian but the confusion is that we are dealing with monies that are of the sizable of budget of some African states. I think it’s unthinkable that we are having such money running into billions of naira and we don’t know who owned such monies. Frankly like I said if I were a foreigner my respect for Nigeria will dwindles seriously. Even me as a Nigerian I feel quite violated and I don’t really know if all this theatre is the best way to go. I think that the agencies concerned should have less dramatic but effective way of telling us the work they are doing, rather than this endless washing of linen whose owners we don’t know. It’s not helping the fight”he said




No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not surface or represent the views of Thomasloaded.

Designed by Thomasloaded.com