Confirmed

Friday, February 17, 2017

'I wish to celebrate birthday with my son, but can't reach my wife & child for now': Tonto Dike's husband, Olakunle Churchill


Toast Magazine Media crew finally met Dr.
Olakunle Churchill after several attempts in his
new Ikoyi office, Lagos and below are the
interview excerpt from the moments with the
philanthropist

Toast• Your Foundation has been in the news
since last year, what is your motivation for doing
this?

Churchill: Well, it's something we are passionate
about. Big Church Foundation is basically
designed to empower and provide charity
functions. Started it from Ghana before cutting
across states in Nigeria and beyond

Toast• B esides What we Know, can we be
privileged to get to know you in person?

Churchill : There is nothing much to know about
me, My name is Olakunle Churchill, the Chairman
of Big Church Group and other subsidiaries
including Big Church Foundation

Toast• With your mega expenditure during your
4- day Walk For Love" charity campaign
incomoration of United Nation World
Disability Day, calls for Concern, How is your
Foundation Funded?

Churchill: Yes, that was a memorable charity
event. Am glad it was successful. Atleast a lot of
the physically challenged were empowered, we
lectured them on how to discover ability in
disability. Our income comes from favour,
goodwill, besides 10% of our profit or revenue
from Big Church Group is transferred to charity to
the foundation charity account.

Toast •Recently, your househelp or domestic staff
disclosed to an online media that you had issues
with wife and you have not been at home just
after your December foundation project last year

Churchill: Every family has its ups and downs
but I would not want to talk about my family.

Toast• It was said that after You left home, you
were Alleged of having affair with your Female PA?

Churchill : Well, it's funny to me, because I don't have female personal Assistant, My PA is Mr Paul, who has been working with me over the years.
Besides, it was a sponsored blackmail.

Toast• Gist had it that your wife Tonto Dikeh Churchill caused uproar in your mother's home,
i.e her mother- inlaw, when she was alleged to
have pushed her down and broke everything in
her house within 2 hours due to her marijuana
reactions

Churchill: These issues are private to me and my
family.

Toast: Rumour Has that because of domestic
violence from you that your wife moved out with
your son?

Churchill: I wonder where they got such gist
from? I don't believe my wife will say that,
besides I frown against such even my foundation
preach against domestic violence in some of our
charity awareness campaigns. It is obvious that
all these channelled attacks are targeted to drag
my image and what I believe in to the mud. Well,
the truth is that I have never raised my hands
against my wife. I have evidence of CCTV
Cameras in my mums house when this
happened. It can be replayed if you what us to go
that far.

Toast: The news earlier today posted and deleted
by one Uche Maduagwu that you have
relationship with Bobrisky and Swanky Jerry?
What is your take on that?

Churchill: Truly, I did not see it posted because
am not a social media person, but got wind of it
later. It's sincerely beats my imagination to think
of such relationship...well, don't know Bobrisky
but got to know Swanky Jerry through my wife. I
believe whoever my wife likes as a friend, I also
take as a family friend. Am too busy to think of
such unpleasant issues, let alone cooking up
defence.

Toast: Your Son's One Year birthday is few days
from now, do you have plans to celebrate it?
Guess you will be celebrating him with your wife?

Churchill: Oh! My son, I sure miss him so much.
I have planned a worthwhile birthday party for
him with friends and family members but it's sad
to say that all effort to reach him proved
abortive, and this is affecting my business and
emotions, The mum won't pick calls and the
nanny,Our son has been with the mother and not
at home for now. I truly, should not be granting
this interview if this is all about my family. Am
very optimistic that the family will unite together
for King Andrea birthday even though channels to
reach my wife is temporarily off.

Toast •How Do You perceived all these happening
in your family

Churchill: I see nothing in it, it's a phase of life.
Since it does not affect my cheques and savings.
But I truly want to call on bloggers or on social
media addicts to verify facts before assuming.
Every marriage has good and bad moments, it's
just unfortunate that I recently discovered that the
alledged marriage instability is making headlines
on some media platforms. Please Tonto Dikeh
fans and well wishers take it easy on her, guess
she is still adjusting to motherhood. With time, it
will be well.

Toast • The news had it that your son owns his
own company Kindred Realtors, a real estate
firm, don't you think his is too young?

Churchill : (laugh), the company Kindred Realtor
was actually one of my companies before I
changed it to our son's name after his birth. I feel
it's one of his benefit to start building up a brand
for him as he grows.

Toast • Back To Your Projects, the Big Church
Foundation fearlessly stormed war ravaged
Southern Kaduna to provide Aid- the KADA
massacre?

Churchill: Well, To God be the grace, we went, we
touched life and we came back inspite of the
Killings. It was a sad experience, they needed
food, shelter, medications, *sobs*. I just Thank
God, many of them smiled with our presence.
Toast • Big Church Foundation was Loud by
December with Billboard Season Greeting and
Scholarship in UNIBUJA? Tell us about it?

Churchill: The season greeting was the
foundation decision which I guess it was good at
that time. It was appreciating our clients,
partners, foreign colleagues, fans etc Well, for the
scholarship it's part of the scheme in the Big
Church Foundation. The Big Church Scholarship
scheme is a project which offers sponsored
education for the beneficiaries across different
level of academic qualification or levels. Yes, we
were in Unibuja recently, we discussed with the
Senate and unveiled some of the students
beneficiaries.

Toast • Your Foundation has bagged some Major
awards including West Africa Philanthropy Award,
how do you feel?

Churchill : Every award is appreciated. No one is
bigger than the other. We feel humbled to be
recognised by several brands. It's not our making
but God. It's exciting when you touch lives and
you are remembered.

Toast • Which Projects is Big Foundation Up to
Now?

Churchill: This will be a long and busy year. We
have lines of charity projects, peace events,
Summits and project sponsorships with visible
impacts. Our team is putting everything in place,
but will let it out soon. But we will amongst other
things empower 36,000 youths through the Big
Church Foundation empowerment scheme. We
shall empower 1,000 youths from the 36 states
through skill equisitions, financial business
supports, loans etc.

Toast • You bagged a Doctorate Honours from
Republic of Benin University, so which do you
prefer to be addressed? Ambassador or Dr?

Churchill : Well, it's not about the title, if my
name is attached to any title you call me, I will
answer. Even without title. *smiles*

Toast • Sir, it been great talking with, any last
word?

Churchill : The adage of the old says " He that
washes his hands well, can eat with
elders"...Remain focus, determined and be
consistent. We pray we spread the gospel of love
and charity as far as we can.

Source: Toast Magazine



No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not surface or represent the views of Thomasloaded.

Designed by Thomasloaded.com