Confirmed

Monday, January 16, 2017

The world no.1 tennis player, Serena Williams sets aside engagement for Australia action

Serena Williams’ goal this year is clear: doing
better than 2016. The American player said she
wasn’t satisfied with how the last year went for
her. ‘For me, it wasn’t a great season,’ she
admitted in the Australian Open pre-tournament
presser. ‘I think for other people it would have
been wonderful. For me, it wasn’t. It was what it
was.

I’m still hitting.’
On Tuesday she will play Belinda Bencic, who
beat her at the 2015 Rogers Cup.
The next question was about her engagement
to the Reddit co-founder Alix Ohanian. ‘It’s been
really great,’ Serena admitted, adding she wants
to only focus on tennis: ‘I’ve said from the
beginning, I just didn’t want to think about it
until after Australia because I was, like, Grand
Slams mean a lot to me. I was, like, Well, I’m
not going to think about it. It’s almost a little
unreal right now because I haven't taken it in.
I’m being rather selfish and focused on my
career.’



No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not surface or represent the views of Thomasloaded.

Designed by Thomasloaded.com