Confirmed

Thursday, January 26, 2017

My wife beats me at will - Husband tells court


“My wife is stronger than me and she has
turned me into a punching bag,” a man,
Lukman Owolabi, told a Customary Court
sitting in Ikole in Ekiti State on Thursday.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the
wife had filed a suit seeking the dissolution of
their 23-year-old marriage over constant
fighting and threat to life.
However, the husband, who denied beating his
wife, told the court his wife was one who had
been beating him, saying “she is stronger than
me.”
“My wife beats me whenever we fight because
she has power more than me.”
Mr. Owolabi, who said the marriage had
produced six children between ages six and 22,
urged the court to dissolve the union.
Apart from the vexed issue of constant beating
by the wife and threat to life, the estranged
couple also wanted the court to intervene in a
landed property to ascertain the legitimate
owner between them.
The wife, Esther, who operates a restaurant and
bar in the town, claimed ownership of the land,
while the husband insisted the land belongs to
him.
The President of the court, Yemisi Ojo, fixed
further hearing for February 13.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not surface or represent the views of Thomasloaded.

Designed by Thomasloaded.com