Confirmed

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

I am not a violent person - Madonna defends speech on 'Blowing The White House'


American
pop star, Madonna while speaking at the
Women’s March held in Washington, Saturday.
Her speech caught the attention of the Secret
Service and many other around the world and
with an alleged investigation into her claims
under way, Madonna took to Instagram to clarify
things.

She wrote;

‘Yesterday’s Rally. was an amazing and beautiful
experience.
I came and performed Express Yourself and thats
exactly what i did.
However I want to clarify some very important
things. I am not a violent person, I do not
promote violence and it’s important people hear
and understand my speech in it’s entirety rather
than one phrase taken wildly out of context.
My speech began with ” I want to start a
revolution of love.” ♥️ I then go on to take this
opportunity to encourage women and all
marginalized people to not fall into despair but
rather to come together and use it as a starting
point for unity and to create positive change in
the world.
I spoke in metaphor and I shared two ways of
looking at things — one was to be hopeful, and
one was to feel anger and outrage, which I have
personally felt. However, I know that acting out of
anger doesn’t solve anything. And the only way
to change things for the better is to do it with
love.
It was truly an honor to be part of an audience
chanting “we choose love”. ♥️♥️♥️♥️
#revoltutionoflove♥️#revolutionoflove♥️’ she
wrote.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not surface or represent the views of Thomasloaded.

Designed by Thomasloaded.com